Tuesday, September 9, 2008

R.I.P. Aunt Ellen

My (great) Aunt Ellen passed away this weekend. The events following a death in the family always drain me more than I expect them to. I wish I could put the following more eloquently than I can, but at least it's being said.

She was a genuine ray of sunshine; petite, polite, a gentle soul with a smile and a warm greeting for anyone she met. She was a seamstress throughout most of her life. She altered my first Cinderella Ball dress for me, and was still sewing with unmatched precision up to the point of her death. She had an infectious laugh. I didn't get to see her much, but I loved her a lot.

The world is a worse place for her passing.

I love you, Aunt Ellen. May you ever be at peace.

1 comment:

thecatladyin5B said...

Your tribute to your aunt was lovely. It is quite evident that you spoke from the heart and that is all the eloquence that is needed. I'm sorry for you loss.