Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Five - 9/26/2008

Here's todays Friday Five. I'm trying to get back on the ball and start posting again. Hopefully it works.

1. When did someone last break something of yo
urs? Hmm...the only thing coming to mind at the moment is the glass pendant that my cat Loki knocked off the shelf and broke off the part that threads onto the chain. I've got to figure out another way to make it wearable.

2. When did you last play hackysack, if ever? Hmm...it's been a while, but I want to say sometime during my first year of college, so late 2002-2003.

3. What was your most dramatic haircut like?
When I was in first grade I had my hair cut short so I could spike it on top, as was popular with the young boys in the late '80s and early '90s. My best friend Josh had his hair cut like that, and I wanted to be like him. After that, I let my hair grow - it was lower back length and straight. In 2005, I had it all chopped off and donated it to locks of love. I ended up with hair that was only 1-2 inches long. It was a dramatic change for me.

4. Hacking is basically breaking through the security that protects a computer or a website. What’s the closest you’ve come to doing something similar in real life? I logged in to my ex-boyfriends e-mail account; however, I had the password, so I doubt that counts.

5. In the world of stand-up comedy, a hack is a comic who steals jokes from other comics. Have you ever known a hack in your own field? In my opinion, graphic designers are all hacks in some way or another. It's hard to be original in an oversaturated field. Even if you create something you think is original, there's a huge chance someone else has already made something so similar to yours that you can't truly prove it's original. It's common to take someone elses design and modify and rebuilding to fit your needs. The modifying/rebuilding usually protects us from copyrights. So - we modify the ideas, but we could still be considered hacks when it comes down to it.

As always, the Friday 5 questions were taken from Friday5.org. If you join the fun, be sure to let me know so I can add you to the link list! And don’t forget to send those questions in that you’re itching for us to answer! Don’t worry, we’ll gladly pimp your blog for the effort.

No comments: