Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday 5, 8/15/2008

First, the Friday 5 for today.

1. What did you last replace batteries for?
Ignitor in the gas grill.

2. What have you thrown away that you probably could have had repaired? Lots of things can be repaired if you have the time/motivation. I'm sure I could darn all our socks and patch all our holey clothes, but I tend to just let wear things until they're unwearable, then throw them out.

3. Among items in your line of sight right now, what should probably be put in the trash? Gum wrappers, asprin bottle with 1 asprin in it, lots of scrap paper with random notes, etc. Lots of desk clutter.

4. When did you last use disposable cutlery while dining in your house? Hmm, it's been a while. I don't remember.

5. Whose actions cause you to waste time you otherwise wouldn’t waste? Well first and foremost, myself. I'm to blame for letting myself waste the time. Then probably Zach. He's good at distracting me, and convincing me we'll finish something later, when we almost never do.

*As always, the Friday 5 questions were taken from Friday5.org. If you join the fun, be sure to let me know so I can add you to the link list! And don’t forget to send those questions in that you’re itching for us to answer! Don’t worry, we’ll gladly pimp your blog for the effort.




General update:
  • I'm looking for work, which is depressing when you don't qualify for 90% of the work you can get in your field. I've been too picky, and now I need to start looking at a wider range of jobs. Only interview I've been on recently went horribly. Looks like I'm heading for retail. I'm not bitter that I'm so in debt for a piece of paper that was supposed to help me land a better job. Nope. Not bitter at all.
  • Trying to move back to Pittsburgh, but need a job to do so.
  • I'm currently on a self-hate kick. I tend to cycle between self-acceptance and self-hate. I'm at the crappy end of that cycle right now. I feel like everything is wrong with me and where I'm at in my life right now. I don't have a good job, I don't have money, or a house, or kids, or anything to show for the past few years. I don't even know what I want really, other than I don't want to stagnate. I don't want to feel like I'm just wasting my time.
  • There might be a business trip in the close future. We would tremendously benefit from a laptop to use on the trip. We don't own one. We're swimming in debt. Yet we're considering the purchase of one. Necessary? No. Helpful? Very. Stupid? Probably. Can't seem to decide between necessity and want.
  • Just all around blah. Was really sick a couple of weeks ago, and since then it's been mostly coughing, headaches, and random majorly painful muscle issues that mysteriously clear up after 2-10 days. I feel like the plague. No one my age should feel this shitty on a consistent basis.
Okay, done with the rant. Sorry, just needed to get a few things off my chest. Hope everything is going well for everyone else.

No comments: