Friday, April 11, 2008

On feeling old...

It seems odd to me that just a couple of years ago, only getting four hours of sleep was a common, weekly occurrence. In fact, some nights we just stayed awake because there was just too many interesting things to do, and sleep just got in the way of our doing these interesting things.

Here I am, awake at 3:45AM after roughly four hours of sleep, and I feel like I could curl up in a ball and just die. It would be safer than me falling asleep while driving to or from the airport - at least I wouldn't potentially take others out with me.

Unless my being alive is the meaning of life. Then you're all fucked.

I feel older today than I have in a long time. Nothing like reminiscing about college days to make you wonder what's happened to your sense of ridiculous sleeping hours and crazy night life.

No comments: