Monday, April 28, 2008

On dieting, or failing at dieting.

So I've been on a diet for about a week now. I've been using Slim Fast, and following the directions as closely as possible. I've cut portions. I've increased my activity levels - not enough yet, but I'm working up towards working out every day. I've been counting calories consumed and calories burned, which, if I'm counting them right, I've been burning more than I've been consuming.

And I've done nothing but maintain my weight. Apparently 1200-1500 calories a day is what I was eating BEFORE I went on the diet. That seems to be the only way that I could be maintaining my unhealthy weight.

I don't want to crash diet, hell, I don't want to diet at all, I just want to make better choices and be more active, but I need results to feel like it's worth it. I know a week isn't much,but I should have at least lost a pound or something.

I feel like crap and I don't know what to do about it. I've looked into Weight Watchers, which I know people have sworn by, but I don't think I'm willing to pay $40 a month for someone to tell me what I already know - I need to exercise more and portion better.

I'm really at a loss for what to do. It doesn't help that it's raining out, so I can't go running.

Sometimes I really hate the way society makes me feel about my body.

1 comment:

thecatladyin5B said...

Screw society. Screw the scale. You know what you need to do. Just concentrate on moving more and making those better choices. You will start to feel better physically and mentally and that will make it easier to continue to make good choices and move more and before you know it weight loss will become a pleasant side effect of the positive changes that you are making. Good luck!