Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday 5 - 7/25/2008

Okay, I need to update more, so I figured I'd jump on the Friday 5 bandwagon so I'm posting at least once a week.

1. When you go to the beach, lake, or pool, are you more likely to lower yourself gradually into cold water or to take a determined plunge and get it over with?

It depends on my mood. I can't say I have a favored approach, but my general overall feeling is that I'd take the plunge, just to get it over with.


2. How is this like (or unlike) your approach to other tasks or ordeals?

It's pretty unlike my approach to anything else. I like to have a plan of some sort before I do anything. I get irritated if things don't go according to plan. And I seem to be unable to have fun if I don't know what's going on.

3. When someone gives you flowers, are you more likely to let them turn completely brown and gross before throwing them out, or to discard them the moment they take on that sick-flower look?
Well, it depends on the kind of flowers. If they're the type that I can enjoy for a while, then turn upside-down and dry them out to keep them, then I usually do that. If not, I let them get somewhere between slightly wilted/brown and gross before I throw them out.

4. How is this like (or unlike) your approach to other gifts, purchases, or relationships?
Alike in some instances...I'm a pack rat. Gifts and purchases are held on to for a very long time. If there's no sentimental value to something, it's easier for me to get rid of, but I have to analyze whether or not something is still useful before I toss it out. On relationships, let's just say I didn't know when to give up on my first serious one. I know that now, but I can't change the past. The one I'm in now is a keeper, and I'll fight to keep it tooth and nail, if it ever comes to that.

5. Think of your favorite movie (or a movie you really like, if you can’t think of a favorite). Some people say that the reasons you love your favorite movie are related to what you value in romantic relationships. How is this true or untrue in your case?
Well, Juno is my favorite movie. I'd have to say it's true for the most part. I value someone who forgives my stupidity; who loves me regardless of the situation; and who's willing to weather out the bad times with me, knowing that good times will surely follow. That's what I've managed to pluck from the movie, and I'd have to say those are all things of value to me.

*As always, the Friday 5 questions were taken from Friday5.org. If you join the fun, be sure to let me know so I can add you to the link list! And don’t forget to send those questions in that you’re itching for us to answer! Don’t worry, we’ll gladly pimp your blog for the effort.

No comments: